Hi everyone! Happy National Donut Day!!! I grabbed mine early and stopped by Do-Rite Donuts. I thought it would be cool to tell you about my favorite donut places in Chicago. I have been to these places multiple times and I am a fan!
- Stan’s Donuts – Wicker Park – Streeterville – Broadway- Clark St – East Roosevelt -An adorable store and also a great way to get a cup of coffee. Located in the heart of Lincoln Park stop by and ask for the irresistible glazed donut.
- Firecakes Donuts – Lincoln Park – River North – Oak Park – Another place to grab a coffee and splurge on a donut. They have my favorite type of “Full Color” sprinkled donut.
- Do-Rite Donuts – Streeterville – Loop – West Loop – I love love the red velvet coconut donut. Growing up my favorite donut was coconut…. I know not the strawberry sprinkled donut I post all the time… So this red velvet coconut thing is every thing I love!
- Beaver’s Donuts – I have actually not had donuts from this food truck, but it’s on my list!
- Donughnut Vault – Franklin St. – Canal St. – Love this place! Very Instagramable, especially their strawberry old fashion donut!
- Uptown Donuts – Off of the Wilson stop on the Red Line – Super fun and home feel place to eat and have a coffee. My favorite is the donut with Captian Crunch on top!
Ok those are my biggies… If I am missing one let me know! Enjoy your trip to Chicago and be sure to grab a donut!
Definitely missing dndsdonuts.com D&D’s Place at 8324 S Kedzie, about 15 mins from Midway Airport. They were the crowd favorite winner of this year’s Donut Fest. Its yeast raised donuts and ginormous apple fritters are the best! They also have the biggest and best-tasting Texas donuts in Chicago. They say 6 inches, but it is more like 9 inches in diameter.