It’s My Birthday!
Hi stars, I just want to say that this year has been hard but also really good. I think we’ve all felt that way with the pandemic lasting two years. We are tired!! But this year was especially hard because I left my radio position after six years. It was a hard, but needed decision. But every time change happens you grieve what is no more as you look forward to what’s next. I am always so surprised at the lessons I learn when I do this reflection exercise. I always share with you because the best lessons learned are the ones you can learn from other’s experiences.
- Sleep washes away bad memories. No sleep = bad memories playing on a loop.
- Your brain is the most complicated organism in the universe. We still don’t understand it fully.
- Education is always good. A culture that doesn’t celebrate people learning is not a healthy culture.
- God is so faithful.
- Trust is needed in any relationship, but especially one with your spouse and it comes down to the little things.
- Consistency is key.
- Know your worth. No cause is worth being treated poorly.
- Take time to do check ins with your spouse. Once a week check in about finances, and once a week check in about emotions.
- Psalm 119 says that God’s word is a lamp to our feet, but it doesn’t mean our path gets easier.
- I am really good at radio and speaking. I won’t stop.
- Start a business.
- Support your people – especially during the big stuff.
- Jesus healed people BEFORE they repented.
- We can have joy in the midst of sorrow.
- You can build trust – it’s just slower than losing trust.
- The human mind is built to love progress.
- Also be discipling one person and be discipled by one person.
- Jesus cared for the whole person.
- There’s a difference between original sin and personal sin.
- People who disagree with you are opportunities for you to grow (unless they are annoying about it).
- Preaching is hard work, but worth it.
- You can still be close to God and suffer from mental illness.
- If you don’t like your life, change it.
- Keep doing what you love even if it doesn’t make sense.
- Grown women have curves.
- Narcissists are 2% of the population. Know what to look for.
- I learned that I was born to be an entrepreneur. I just didn’t let myself until now.
- The Gospel message is life changing. Jesus came to give us abundant life.
- Trust is needed in the workplace. It really comes down to that.
Thanks for being a part of my journey and for being here! Life is worth celebrating.